May 25, 2006

The "crud" has left the building!

For the past week our house seems to have been an incubator for the "crud" that is going around our neck of the woods. It started off last Wednesday night with Payton. He complained of his "belly hurting" that evening. Seeing as how this a common childhood complaint and, in his case, is usually related to not taking the time to go to the bathroom, I wasn't too concerned. He fell asleep that night on the couch while watching TV with me. Darrin gently carried him to bed, laid him down, at that was all she wrote...up came supper! That explained the belly problems. He continued this several more times into the earlier morning of Thursday. (I always feel so bad when either of the boys are sick like that. I know it's just the worst feeling and there's not a lot I can do to help them really.) He missed two days of K4 but by Friday night he was on the mend and ready to hit the road... on his bike that is. Next was Garrett, as I mentioned in a previous post. I took him to a friends birthday party on Saturday and thirty minutes later he called wanting to come home because his stomach was hurting. Sure enough, two hours later, the crud had claimed it's second victim. His lasted a little longer though. It held on until Monday afternoon. So, he missed one day of school. At almost the exact moment he declared he felt "much better," a wave of stomach cramps came over me. Oh no, I thought, mommy's can't get sick! The crud had no mercy and couldn't have cared less who I was. Not to leave anyone out, it attacked hubby early the next morning around 1:00 a.m.-ish. As of today I'm feeling fine and can only hope that hubby will be feeling better by in the morning, as he was showing signs of improvement at bed time. Can I just say..."na na na na, na na na na, na na na na, GOODBYE!" You will not be missed!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Yippee! I love it when you leave me comments. Thanks a bunch. :)