October 10, 2006

Happy Birthday in Heaven, Papaw!


Today would have been my Papaw's 86th birthday. He went home to be with his Lord in May 2005. He was an amazing, loving, caring, thoughtful, and generous man who I miss greatly. Happy Birthday in heaven, Papaw.



God's Angel

Thank you Lord for sharing with me
One of your angels so precious is he.

He's shown the love you have for us all
And I proudly call him my Papaw.

A Christian example he's always shown
And was never afraid to let it be known.

He led me to you one bright Sunday morn'
For he wanted to know that I'd been reborn.

You've allowed us to love him for so many years
Now our selfishness is the reason for these tears.

We all love him so deeply and will miss him so much
But there's comfort in knowing we'll again feel his touch.

You're calling him home to rejoice with you
Of that there is nothing we can possibly do.

We can, however, look forward to the day
When we're reunited because Jesus paid our way.

We ask for your comfort and peace in our hearts
We love him so much and it's painful to part.

No one could ever take his place
There will just forever be an empty space.

Our memories will never fade
They'll get us through the hardest of days.

Again, thank you Dear Lord for sharing with us
An angel from heaven we know as Otis.


© Shane Hawk 2005



I wrote this two weeks before he passed away. I knew the time was drawing near. He truly was my angel!

1 comment:

  1. That is lovely....

    My thoughts are with you today, take care.

    ReplyDelete

Yippee! I love it when you leave me comments. Thanks a bunch. :)