October 29, 2007

Yeah....we got to see daddy!

The boys and I went to Mt. Airy Saturday evening and surprised Darrin. It had only been five days since we had seen him but it seemed like twice...no three times longer! I think he was just as happy to see us. The night before we left (before I had decided to go) Tater Tot said, "Mama, when can I see my daddy?" Boy, did that tug at my heart strings! Of course it didn't take long for me to then decide that he could see his daddy the next day. The boys just talked non-stop to Darrin. They filled him in on all of the happenings of the past five days. At dinner Tater asked his dad, "Guess how old I am now daddy?" Darrin replied, "well I remember how old you are Tater." Tater then said, "Oh, I was afraid you might have forgot." I guess five days to a seven year old seems like so much longer. Darrin was off on Sunday so we spent the whole day with him. How fast it flew by too. We left around 6:00 pm Sunday night and hated to leave then. On the way home Payton was in the back watching a movie and I could hear him sniffling. I looked back at him and his little eyes were clinched really tight and he was trying not to make a sound as he was crying. I asked him what was wrong and he told me it was a "sad movie." (which I knew it wasn't) I asked him if he wanted to call daddy and after crying a little harder he whimpered "yes." I can't wait until we're all back together and life is back to "normal." We all get too comfortable in our daily lives and take even the smallest things for granted.....like enjoying everyday family life.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Yippee! I love it when you leave me comments. Thanks a bunch. :)