April 16, 2008

Everyone's a Hokie Today




"We will continue to invent the future through our blood and tears and through all our sadness.... We will prevail...."

-- Nikki Giovanni, University Distinguished Professor, poet, activist


You can read about the remembrance services being held at VT today here and here. Also, you can donate to the VT Remembrance Fund by visiting this site.


One year ago today we were living in Greenville, SC. I felt far removed from the tragedies of that day. My how things have changed. We now live a mere 30 minutes from the Virginia Tech campus, my half-brother is a campus policeman and my brother-in-law works on the campus several times a week. My heart goes out to the families, friends, and faculty that will never forget April 16, 2007. I'm certain many prayers will go up in your honor today. God bless you all!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Yippee! I love it when you leave me comments. Thanks a bunch. :)