August 10, 2008

Happy Birthday Dad!


So, what do you get a man who has everything?  Now, seriously people.... when I say everything I truly mean everything!  He has over 20,000 Hot Wheels cars for Pete's sake.  Yes, you read that right... twenty thousand.  See what I mean?  That's the only thing he truly loves but would you even attempt to try and find one he didn't already have?  I didn't think so. 

I decided to get him something that he's not had for over 25 years.  He was quite surprised too.  Wanna know what it was???  Dinner.  That's it.  Dinner.  Well, not just any plain ole, run of the mill dinner really.  I called my brothers and invited them (and their families) as well.  We haven't all been together for our dad's birthday for at least 25 years. 

We decided to meet at the Christiansburg Olive Garden.  My step-mom told him he was having dinner with just me, Darrin and the boys.  That's how we got him there.  Little did he know my brother, Jim, and his family came from Oceana, WV....... my other brother, Rod, and his wife came from Flatwoods, WV.... and my other brother, Don Don Donald and his wife came from right up the street. 

We had to best time and spent over three hours there.  I also took a birthday cake and gave it to the waitress before dad arrived. She brought it out, with the two "66" candles blazing, right after we finished.  They even sang (very loudly) to him.  It was great.  To see all of the pictures, go to Flickr.

2 comments:

  1. That sounds great. We are currently trying to plan something for FIL's 60th this year.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's wonderful! I'm sure your dad felt loved and honored :)

    ReplyDelete

Yippee! I love it when you leave me comments. Thanks a bunch. :)