August 2, 2008

Yeah for Me!

Yesterday, Aug. 1st, marked one month since I started my diet.  I am happy to report that I've lost 11 pounds.  This is the first time in my life that I've ever dieted.  Not the first time I've needed to, but the first time I've actually committed to it.  It was very difficult the first couple of days.  I was used to drinking 4 or 5 cans of Vanilla Coke a day.  And I have a major sweet tooth.  However, I finally decided that my will power was stronger than my cravings.  Darrin has also joined me.  We're both diet pop drinkers now.  We prefer Diet Dr. Pepper but will take whatever is handy.  I do walk on my treadmill for 30 minutes a time or two a week but counting calories it what works for me.  I now equate 200 calories to walking 30 minutes on a treadmill.  A 3 Musketeers bar (my favorite) just isn't worth 45 minutes on a treadmill. 

I've got a handy little weight loss tracker over there in the side bar.  As you can see, I've got 32 more pounds to lose to reach my goal.  Feel free to hold me accountable if you don't see the number decreasing every week. 

3 comments:

  1. You said:
    "... counting calories it what works for me. I now equate 200 calories to walking 30 minutes on a treadmill. A 3 Musketeers bar (my favorite) just isn't worth 45 minutes on a treadmill."

    That's a good way to think about it. The trade-off just isn't worth it.

    Thanks for sharing your story.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for visiting my blog. Where did you live in WV? That's where I live now
    Candee

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am proud of you!

    I have never been good at diets. I am trying now to eat healthier just from my mom's heart surgery scare (I probably inherited her problem) but it's hard. We were doing so well, but slid back into bad habits when we moved out of convenience. YOu have inspired me to do better. Good job.

    ReplyDelete

Yippee! I love it when you leave me comments. Thanks a bunch. :)