July 13, 2005

Daisy Lions


Yesterday was laundry day. I really don't mind the sorting, washing and drying but I hate the folding and putting away part. The room itself is adequate as far as laundry rooms go I suppose. It's large enough for a sink, washer, dryer and a hanging are, but still not my favorite room in the house. I'm usually thinking about the zillion other things I need to be doing while listening to the whirling of the washer and humming of the dryer. That's exactly what was going through my mind yesterday while folding the numerous pair of Scooby Doo and Hulk underwear my boys have amassed. Then in the middle of it all I felt a little tug on the back of my shirt. I turned around, looked downward and there stood Payton, my youngest. He has the biggest, heart "meltingest" brown eyes you've ever seen. Before I could speak he smiled from ear to ear and handed me a piece of paper. He said, "Look mama, I made you some daisy lions." As I looked down at the little piece of crumpled paper, my heart just overflowed with love for my baby. It isn't unusual for him to come in from outside with a bouquet of flowers for me. They could be weeds or flowers from a neighbors flower bed, he's not really picky. However, it was raining yesterday. Since he was unable to get me the real thing, I guess in his little four year old mind this was the next best thing. Boy do I agree totally. It was actually even better. These daisy lions I can keep forever. Needless to say, it made the remainder of my laundry chores a little less annoying. I know it won't be long until the character underwear are a thing of the past and so will the daisy lion surprises. I happily gave his picture a place of honor on my laundry room wall. From now on when I go in there to whittle down the never ending pile of laundry, I'll at least have a smile on my face because of those "daisy lions."

No comments:

Post a Comment

Yippee! I love it when you leave me comments. Thanks a bunch. :)