August 18, 2005

Wet all over

First off....If you have kids who can read, skip this post just in case they are peeking over your shoulder. I don't want to be responsible for anything! Okay, that being said, here it goes. I slowly rolled out of bed this morning at 8:00am. I am so not a morning person! Anyway, I sat down at the kitchen table with my morning bowl of Froot Loops and the newspaper. It's a ritual I have. I have to have those two things or I can get pretty grumpy. For a lot of people it's coffee, for me it's Froot Loops. After finishing both I slowly walked over to the sink to rinse my bowl before placing it in the dishwasher. I reached to the back of the sink, turned on the cold water and the next thing I knew I was wet all over. The little sprayer beside of the faucet squirted water all over me. What in the world was going on? After closely inspecting it I realized that some witty little comedian had put a rubber band around it to hold the handle down. Of course I immediately blamed it on my hubby. He adamantly denied it. After 10 minutes or so I began to believe him. Although he didn't do it he said, he wished he would have thought of it. Next, my thoughts turn toward my 8 year old son. He is our resident prankster. But, how in the world did he think of that? I nicely walked to his room and gently knocked on the door. He opens it, sees me soaking wet and just starts laughing hysterically. That was all I needed....I'd found the culprit! Okay, I must admit it was a pretty funny prank. However, it would have been way more humorous had it happened to someone else. I asked how he ever thought of that. His reply? "Funniest Home Videos." You know, I try to monitor what he watches on TV and make sure that he's not seeing violence, hearing bad language, etc. Who would have ever thought that Funniest Home Videos would have to monitored too? It's now on my censor list!

1 comment:

  1. Anonymous5:58 AM

    You've got to give him credit for trying it out on you! But I wouldn't encourage my own kids to do it to me....

    ReplyDelete

Yippee! I love it when you leave me comments. Thanks a bunch. :)