September 16, 2005

Tater Tot's "school" work


The work that Tater's doing at preschool has finally started coming home. Each day I eagerly check in his backpack anticipating a new creation. Finally, today I found not one, but three! I was ecstatic to say the least. I got them out, oohed and aahed over them. Tater then began to explain each one to me. There's no way I "could just look and them and know what was going on," he said. I was more than happy to oblique. He's only been a member of his "class" (of 11 children) for three weeks now. However, he's already keenly aware that his teacher knows everything and mommy just doesn't have a clue. I'm used to that coming from Bubby, but it's all new again coming from Tater. For the past 4 3/4 years I've known all there is to know, as far as Tater was concerned anyway. It's sort of hard giving that up now, you know? But all of the little babies have to leave the nest sometime I suppose. At least mine is only away for 3 hours a day for now. Next year, when they're both gone all day, this nest may be a lot cleaner but nowhere near as happy!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Yippee! I love it when you leave me comments. Thanks a bunch. :)