September 3, 2005

Where's the gas?

It started two days ago, August 31st. My mom and I were at Wal-Mart and I got a call from Darrin telling me to be sure and stop on the way home and fill up my car. What? Is he nuts? He went on to tell me places were running out of gas! Sure enough, I got to Sam's to fill up and there was a line four cars deep at every pump. Even though the price per gallon was $3.45 that didn't stop them from lining up. Since I had 3/4 of a tank I really just didn't see the need to fill totally up. Now, two days later, I'm down to 1/2 a tank and most gas stations around our area are OUT of gas! The ones that do have gas are getting over $4.45 a gallon. I never dreamed. Guess I should have listened to my hubby, huh? Needless to say I'm cutting way back on my running around until this shortage is over.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Yippee! I love it when you leave me comments. Thanks a bunch. :)