January 21, 2006

Another WV Mine Tragedy

Associated Press
West Virginia Gov. Joe Manchin, center, hugs local resident, Linda Curry of Chapmanville, W.Va., outside the Bright Star Freewill Baptist Church in Melville, W.Va.

The latest WV mine tragedy in Mellville, WV has sent shock waves through a still mourning WV. Mellville, which is close to Logan, is only 39 miles from the town I grew up in, Oceana. That's hitting close to home. Although I didn't know either family affected by the miner's deaths, they were fellow Mountaineers. That in itself is close enough to family. I mourn for their loss. I truly hope that mine reform sweeps through WV as Governor Joe Manchin III has promised. God bless you Don Bragg and "Elvis" Hatfield. You have a special place in heaven. And, God be with your families.

To read more about the Mellville mine tragedy follow these links:

No comments:

Post a Comment

Yippee! I love it when you leave me comments. Thanks a bunch. :)