January 21, 2006

Bless the guys with the guts to dig the coal


I received an e-mail today from my Uncle Barbe in NC. He attached a recent article written by Dick Feagler for The Plain Dealer in Cleveland, Ohio. As soon as I finished I knew I wanted to share it with all of my blog visitors. It says so much...that people all across America owe the WV (and other) coal miners a heart felt and sincere "thank you." We so often take for granted what they do every day. I hope that you'll take a moment to read this article and then stop and think about what it says. I was born and raised in Wild Wonderful West Virginia and have missed it every day since we moved south three years ago. I know what the average Joe coal miner endures on a daily basis, I've seen it first hand. I know the danger they expose themselves to every day and I'm thankful for them. It is just my hope that those past the WV state line will realize it too.

"Bless the guys with the guts to dig the coal" newspaper article

Thanks for sharing this informative article Uncle Barbe!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Yippee! I love it when you leave me comments. Thanks a bunch. :)