January 26, 2006

The grades are in


Garrett brought home his report card today for the second nine weeks of second grade. He did really well. His Language and Social Studies grades stayed about the same. His Math grade slipped a little which I'm okay with. Math is a really tough concept for him to grasp. Best of all, his Science grade improved tremendously! So, all in all, we're really happy with his performance. He's trying his best and that's all that we can possibly ask. His proudest accomplishment? Receiving his second Perfect Attendance Award. Come illness or high water he absolutely refuses to miss school. Yes, Darrin's child (the perpetual school misser) loves school. This is a 100% change from last year. He enjoys school so much and can't wait to get their each morning. Of course his classmate, Will, tells me that's because he's the "teacher's pet." You know what...that's fine with me as long as he keeps loving school like he does. I must say though, he has an awesome teacher this year and I think that makes all the difference in the world. He recently asked me if he could stay in second grade next year too. Way to go, Bubby, we're so proud of you! Keep up the great work.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Yippee! I love it when you leave me comments. Thanks a bunch. :)