April 21, 2006

Time for fun at Carowinds


The wind up the boy's spring break last week we went to Carowinds Amusement Park in Charlotte, NC last Sunday and Monday. Darrin's parents even went with us on Saturday. They hung right with us the whole nine hours we were there. Nana even rode all of the roller coasters with Garrett! We went back on Monday for four more hours of fun before heading home. The boys had a super time. We're all looking forward to the opening of Boomerang Bay next month. That should keep us all cool this summer.

Payton loved Nickelodeon Central and rode every ride there at least three times. His favorite was the Scooby Doo Haunted Mansion. We also watched the Dora and Boots show while we were there. They even have a pretty cool roller coaster that Payton can ride. It's called the Rugrats Runaway Reptar. He also rode all of these rides. Darrin and I rode with him some but he mostly wanted Nana to experience the fun with him.

Garrett's favorites were "all of the roller coasters." He especially liked the Borg Assimilator and the Drop Zone. I rode the Drop Zone last year and that was enough for me. Daddy and Nana rode it with him this time. And, I wouldn't even dare ride the Borg Assimilator. Now picture this, you lay down on this coaster. As if that weren't enough, you're going head first so you have no idea what's ahead. It's goes super fast and does I don't know how many loops. No way!

Another highlight was the Celebration Parade. The boys got to see all of their favorite Nick character on floats...Spongebob Squarepants, Squidward, Danny Phantom, etc. I think it's safe to say that our season passes will be getting a lot of use in the months to come. We're headed back this Sunday to spend the day there with Darrin's brother and his family. Wish me luck.

(I've posted lots more picture on flickr.)

1 comment:

  1. I always wanted to go to Carowinds, we used to pass it going to Myrtle Beach. Looks like a yall had a lot of fun.

    ReplyDelete

Yippee! I love it when you leave me comments. Thanks a bunch. :)