May 20, 2006

What a Day!

Boy, what a Saturday I've had already and it's only noon! At 9:00 a.m. we had neighborhood kids ringing our door bell wanting to know if the boys could play. Who let's their child go to someone's house at 9 o'clock in the morning for Pete's Sake? Of course I told them (while standing there in my pajamas) that the boys could not play because it was WAY too early. Besides, we had a birthday party to get ready for. One of Garrett's classmates was having a birthday party at 10:00. Have you ever heard of having a party so early in the morning? I mean it's Saturday, the day of sleeping in. Not today, that's for sure. I got the gift wrapped and dropped Garrett off just at 10:00. Payton & I came home and whipped up some cinnamon toast for breakfast. Just as we sat down to eat, the phone rang. Who was on the other end? Garrett...crying and asking me to come and get him because his stomach was hurting. Okay, I knew this must be serious. He would never leave a birthday party and pass up cake unless it was bad. We left immediately, picked him up, apologized to the birthday boy's mom and came straight home. Garrett went straight to our bed and got comfy cozy. Payton & I then sat down to finish our breakfast. The plate on the table was empty! Every single piece of toast was gone. I guess Chasie had a nice snack anyway. Well, it was for the best I guess, because Garrett screamed at me at that very moment. I ran upstairs and found him hugging the commode. Poor guy....that's the worst feeling and I hated that I couldn't do anything for him. After cleaning him up and getting him back in bed he asked me to stay with him. It just warms my heart that when either of the boys aren't feeling well they want mommy by their side. As we laid there watching "Spongebob Squarepants" the phone rang. It was my husband calling to tell me that he'd arranged a sitter for tonight and he was taking me out. Can you believe this?? Of all days for him to get a romantic bone in his body. He said he had it all planned out and wasn't telling me anything. Then, I had to enlighten him to the day's occurrences. Needless to say he was bummed. He said, "well maybe he'll feel better by this evening." "Yeah, right!" was my reply. I don't think we're going anywhere this weekend. So, now it's 4:59 and I'm just now able to finish this post. The boys are both napping and I'm trying to squeeze in a little house cleaning before they wake up. I certainly hope you're day has gone better than mine. Enjoy your weekend (for me)!

1 comment:

  1. Yeah, that dog looks so innocent, just like mine. Poor Garrett, what a bum way to spend the weekend.

    AND, we have had three parties at 10 am the past 3 months. I can only figure it's because by noon it is so hot here, but we scramble to be ready for them and end up late every time. I ALWAYS schedule mine at 2.

    I hope you are able to go out soon.


Yippee! I love it when you leave me comments. Thanks a bunch. :)