January 1, 2005

My 100 Things

In keeping with tradition, I am supposed to list 100 things about me that you don't know in honor of my 100th post to my blog. So.....here goes nothin'.....



  1. I've gone by my middle name since birth
  2. My first name is actually "Lori"
  3. I was named after the western movie "Shane"
  4. I have two older brothers
  5. My parents divorced when I was 3 years old
  6. I grew up in Oceana, West Virginia
  7. I've known my husband since we were toddlers
  8. My husband and I didn't date until after high school
  9. We were the best of friends all through school
  10. I always said I didn't want children, thank God He changed my mind
  11. My favorite color is pink
  12. I only read non-fiction
  13. I don't enjoy traveling any distance by car
  14. I hate to drive
  15. My first car was a 1984 Pontiac Fiero
  16. I got it for my 16th birthday (1987)
  17. I attended 6 proms while I was in school (7th - 12th grade)
  18. I've worn glasses since I was 7 years old
  19. My vision is 20/2000
  20. I used to collect carousel horses
  21. My favorite place is the beach
  22. I've been out of the country 4 times
  23. I've seen the east, west and gulf coasts
  24. I have no desire to ever go on a cruise
  25. My dream vacation is to go to Hawaii
  26. I've only been to Disney World once
  27. I've been married for 16 years
  28. Hubby let me choose both of our boy's names
  29. I was baptized when I was 11 years old
  30. I'm a Baptist
  31. I love southern gospel music
  32. I don't like contemporary Christian music
  33. I listen to country music in my car
  34. I love dogs
  35. There has been a dog in my life since the day I was born
  36. We've moved 12 times since we've been married
  37. We've lived in 5 states
  38. I'm NOT a morning person
  39. We now live in Virginia
  40. We got our first computer in 1996
  41. I love Bath & Body Works products
  42. I enjoying playing the piano
  43. I like to crochet
  44. I've made 10 afghans
  45. I enjoy writing poetry
  46. I still listen to 80's music... it's the best
  47. My favorite dessert is Tiramisu from Olive Garden
  48. I'm overly organized
  49. I always send birthday & anniversary cards
  50. I also still send out Christmas cards
  51. We have two dogs - Yorkies
  52. I don't really care for cats
  53. I always wished I had a sister (and still do)
  54. I talk to my mom on the phone every day
  55. I'm a computer geek
  56. I always have my toe nails painted
  57. I love shrimp scampi
  58. My oldest son calls me "mommy"
  59. My youngest son calls me "mama"
  60. I take tons of pictures of everything
  61. I haven't worked (outside the home) since 1998
  62. I don't ever want to go back to work
  63. I love being a stay-at-home mom
  64. The best gift my husband ever got me was my laptop
  65. I have had two c-sections
  66. When I was younger I was extremely shy
  67. I rarely paint my finger nails
  68. I love to shop at yard sales, consignment stores & Goodwill
  69. I buy my sons entirely too many clothes
  70. I like to shop but not for myself
  71. I shop when I'm bored a lot of times
  72. My favorite food is Japanese
  73. My favorite vegetable is my Mamaw's creamed corn
  74. I just recently learned how to make gravy
  75. I can't make biscuits though
  76. I love to eat cornbread and milk
  77. I could live on cereal alone
  78. My favorite cereal is Fruity Pebbles
  79. I drink entirely too much sweet tea every day
  80. I don't drink coffee
  81. I love to color (with or without my kids)
  82. Summer is my favorite season
  83. I wish I was good at tennis
  84. I LOVE to "sleep in"
  85. My favorite candy bar is a Zero bar
  86. My favorite singer is Tim McGraw
  87. My favorite actor is Matthew McConaughey
  88. My nickname is Shaney Raney
  89. I wore a borrowed wedding gown
  90. The first meal I made after we were married was hamburger helper
  91. I still make hamburger helper
  92. I only have one huge regret
  93. My hero is my Mamaw
  94. I have stick straight hair
  95. "Top Gun" is my favorite movie of all time
  96. I've been to Miramar, CA where it was filmed
  97. I love to roller skate
  98. My husband truly is my best friend
  99. I need to scrapbook more
  100. I love blogging!

1 comment:

  1. Oh I loved reading this....first the name ;) I chuckled at the one where you say you don't like to read (but yet you read blogs, hehehe)

    I too am a computer geek (get that from my husband it waas either fight him or join him)

    I had 3 C-sections.

    Girl we have a lot in common, and I live near the beach you just need to head on over to Florida =))

    ReplyDelete

Yippee! I love it when you leave me comments. Thanks a bunch. :)