September 16, 2006

An early morning poem



As I layed in bed last night, unable to sleep, my mind began racing. I soon got up and came downstairs to my office. Shortly thereafter, this is what I had....


The Fisherman

A fisherman sat in
His boat one day
Searching for truth and
Looking for the way

He cast his line
Into the water deep
Not knowing what
His line would reap

He soon felt a tug
And began to reel it in
On the hook he saw
The temptation of sin

He knew he shouldn't keep it
but couldn't resist
It tempted him and said
They could peacefully coexist

He again cast his line
Into the water deep
Not knowing what
His line would reap

Again there was a tug
And he anxiously reeled it in
He had caught a golden crown
That looked more promising than sin

He thought for a moment
Not knowing what to do
Then he heard a voice say
"I will gladly help you"

"The sin you have
May look appealing
But I can replace
All that it is stealing"

"If you throw it back
And take my crown
I'll see to it that the sin
Is completely drowned"

"With my crown of jewels
You'll be a fisher of men
And bring others to me
To take away their sin"

That was an offer
He couldn't refuse
It was an easy choice and
He knew just which one to choose

He proudly now wears
The crown of gold
And leads others into
God's protective fold


Thanks for the inspiration Eric!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Yippee! I love it when you leave me comments. Thanks a bunch. :)