February 19, 2007

How we spent President's Day...

I had high hopes for today. The boys had today off from school of course. Hubby is out of town so I had planned a mommy and boys day out. I thought after they straightened up their rooms a little I would surprise them and take them here. The place just recently opened up so I thought we'd go check it out. I knew they'd love it! Well, things didn't go exactly as planned. I awoke at 8:30 a.m. to the sound of children (lots of children) in my backyard. They boys have been instructed not to leave our house if I am asleep. They also know it is against the rules to have friends over if I'm still slumbering as well. I called them both in and in a very calm voice asked them if they were supposed to be outside. They simultaneously said "no." I asked if they should have friends over and received the same answer. Then, they must have realized why I was asking these particular questions and started making excuses. They begged for "just one more chance. " As much as I wanted to, I couldn't give it to them. They spent the remainder of their school holiday grounded. They were not allowed out of the house unless it was on fire. I think every child within a 5 mile radius came over during the day to see if they could play. I was tempted to have them announce it on Nickelodeon that Bubby and Tater were not able to play today! But, we did get some much needed housework done. I helped each of them clean their rooms and closets. Then, I moved on to my closet. So, the day wasn't a total waste. I sure hope they learn their lesson this time. I really want to check out Monkey Joe's!

1 comment:

  1. Good for you for following through on the rules, I know it was hard!

    ReplyDelete

Yippee! I love it when you leave me comments. Thanks a bunch. :)