September 11, 2008

Happy Anniversary Cabbage Patch Kids!

Can you believe it's been 25 years since the first Cabbage Patch Kids were "born?" Amazing I know! I was 12 years old when they first came out. A tad old to still be playing with dolls maybe, but I still had to have one. I didn't care if it was a boy or a girl and definitely didn't care what kind of clothes it had on. I just wanted one... any one!

I got one for Christmas that year. Santa must have really had some connections. Mine had brown hair in pigtails. She wore denim jeans, a yellow striped shirt and a green zip up jacket. She had the cutest white sneakers with pink stripes too.

It was really similar to the one pictured on the left, just different colors. I couldn't wait to open her up and smell her head. I knew it should smell like baby powder and it did. I was ecstatic.

I don't remember what her "given" name was but I quickly changed it to Comishell Lynn. Don't even ask how I came up with that. I have absolutely no idea. I was 12, cut me some slack. I sent off to make the name change official and quickly received a new birth certificate for her.

Can you believe that 25 years later, Comishell is still sitting in my room at my mom's house? And, if you smell really hard {and brush away the dust} you can still faintly smell baby powder. No kidding!

I'm so glad that these great dolls are still around and still popular after all this time. My 3 year old niece enjoys playing with mine. She pulls down the doll's little jeans, points to Xavier Roberts' signature on her hiney, and just laughs. So cute.

Now, for a limited time only, you can get Limited Edition 25th Anniversary Cabbage Patch Kids. They are the original CPK and are available for the first time since their debut in 1983. Each one-of-a-kind Kid is an exact reproduction of an original. They even used the original sculpts and molds as well as the exact materials of the classics. They have the same faces, clothing and names too. Isn't that too cool? They're going to sell for $29.99, not bad by today's standards.

I'd love to find a reproduction of Comishell Lynn. She could finally be reunited with her long lost twin! If you'd like to read more about CPK and their anniversary, visit their website.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Yippee! I love it when you leave me comments. Thanks a bunch. :)