September 10, 2008

P.O.O.P.I.E.'s Unite




Nester is hosting a P.O.O.P.I.E. party and I'm going. Yippee!! What on earth am I talking about? What.... you haven't heard? You haven't heard about the huge controversy raging around the blogosphere? Well, then, please allow me to fill you in.

P.O.O.P.I.E. stands for People Opposing Objectionable Pretend plants In the Environment. Makes perfectly good sense now, right? I'm all for the environment you know and keeping it pretend plant free is a great way to improve everyone's environments. Now, before you take a stand and decide to be anti-P.O.O.P.I.E, let me explain. We're not against all pretend plants... just the ones that are glaringly fake. You know what I'm talking about. The ones that have super shiny, perfectly formed fake leaves or the bright red, never wilting roses perched high on a shelf somewhere. They can be fake but they must at least resemble what the plant would look like if it were actually living. Dried flowers and plants is always a plus and you can never go wrong with those.

And, although I am a P.O.O.P.I.E. club member, after checking around my own home I found a few highly objectionable pieces myself. Sure glad Nester doesn't live close by. I just know she'd be on my doorstep today demanding I give them to her.


This is our entertainment center in our living room. I really like the arrangement on top of it, but not sure if Nester would approve. No feathers or dried anything. Just fake, fake, fake.


Here's a close up of it. My husband entered a golf tournament and won a prize. He could pick any prize off of the table and he chose this for me! See why I love it so much? That was so thoughtful.


This is the fireplace in our downstairs playroom. The arrangement on the right isn't too bad really. The flowers and greenery look and even feel quite real.

{Did you notice the wedding picture? That's me and my honey... 1991}
I'm not showing you the ones that I need to get rid of. After taking pictures of them I was just too ashamed to let you see them. They look pretty bad. One even has a little bird in it. I suppose it is quite unrealistic to think a bird would want to live in a basket on top of my frig, huh? I'm going to chuck them just as soon as I find their replacements.

Want to meet other P.O.O.P.I.E.S.? Head on over to the Nesting Place and check out her Mr. Linky Dink!

6 comments:

  1. Anonymous5:18 PM

    Hi! Just stopping by on the POOPIE train to see your faux flower parade! *hehe* I'm loving your fakes. Cute blog so glad to have found it. I'll be back!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You're so funny! I think everything looks great, I love your brick fireplace :)

    Bella

    ReplyDelete
  3. Man, I thought that bird on your fridge was real!

    I am so happy I have so many women willing to say the word poopie on their blog!! Victory!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi,
    Love your flowers! I think that is so sweet that your husband picked them for you!

    I really like the entertainment center. What a great piece!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks so much for stopping by~I have found my jars at Hobby Lobby (50% off this week!), TJ Maxx for the bigger ones ($9.99) and at Target on clearance a few months back. I'm seeing them everywhere and someone said Burlington Coat Factory is a great place to find them. I don't know if you have any of those stores~good luck! I think your mantle looks great! Nothing to be ashamed of there~but you've got to show us the bird on the fridge now! :)
    Melissa

    ReplyDelete

Yippee! I love it when you leave me comments. Thanks a bunch. :)