November 24, 2008

Celebrating 17 Years Together

Shane & Darrin ~ July 1990
On November 16th Darrin and I celebrated 17 years of marriage. I can not believe we have been married that long. It just seems impossible. It seems just like yesterday that we were dating!
November 16, 1991


We are both from a tiny little town in West Virginia. According to our parents, we've known each other since we were toddlers in church. We were the best of friends in high school. We'd spend hours on the phone with each other discussing our latest heartbreak with each other. It wasn't until my sophomore year of college that we actually started dating.


It was the first week of December 1990. I was in Fairmont, WV at college and made a trip to the local emergency room. The doctor determined that I had a bad kidney infection and needed to be hospitalized. My mom, brother and sister-in-law came and got me the very next day and I was admitted to a hospital closer to home. Darrin came to see me that very night... and the other five nights I spent there. We have been together ever since.

Before kids ~ 1994


We're more in love now than we were all those years ago which is a wonderful blessing. I still get butterflies when I see him. I still love it when he calls {from work} just to say "hi." And we still haven't ran out of things to talk about.

2003
The Lord has blessed beyond belief... with each other and with our two sons. We're extremely thankful too. I only wish everyone could find their soul mate and live happily ever after like I have.

2 comments:

  1. Happy Anniversary! My husband and I met 16 years ago last month. Its a blessing to find a great husband.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very sweet. Happy Anniversary.

    ReplyDelete

Yippee! I love it when you leave me comments. Thanks a bunch. :)