November 12, 2008

I'm Half Way There!

I started on my weight loss journey on July 1, 2008 after seeing this picture of myself. It was taken just a few weeks before. I was W-A-Y to heavy. I won't say how heavy... not until I'm at my goal weight anyway. That picture totally disgusted me. I was extremely disappointed in myself. How could I possibly let myself get so big? Laziness and lack of self control, that's how. I would eat when I wasn't even hungry because I was bored. And, I always had a nightly bowl of Fruity Pebbles before going to bed. Fruity Pebbles people!

Now, four months and two weeks later, I am half way there. I am half way to my goal weight. I know the next half won't come off as easily. I know I'll have to work even harder, be more determined and exercise even more self control. I'm determined to do it though. I've come this far and I'm not stopping now. I love it that my clothes are too big. I love it that I'm down two pant sizes and dress sizes. I'm excited to be even two sizes smaller than I am now.

I will admit that some days are harder than others. When I mess up and eat more than I should, I just forget about it and start over the next day. Luckily my fondness of Little Debbie cakes, 3 Musketeers, Fruity Pebbles and Vanilla Coke have all but disappeared. They have been replaced with key lime yogurt, honey crisp apples, flavored water and diet Dr. Pepper. Those 100 calorie pack of Chips Ahoy and the like have become a favorite too.

Even though the holidays are coming up I'm going to stick to my guns and not fall off the wagon!

Pounds lost: 27
Beginning BMI: 29.4
Current BMI: 25.2

3 comments:

  1. How wonderful!!!! So very proud of anyone who can buckle down and do this. I lost a massive amount of weight 12 years ago and, alas, must do it again. I know food is my addiction. I just have to beat it.

    CONGRATULATIONS!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great job!
    I have lost 29 pounds and have 25 more to go to be right where I want to be but already I have gotten off a blood pressure medicine and doing so much better.
    Keep up the good work through the holidays!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous10:55 PM

    Did you know that I lost 50 pounds in 2001-2002. I had alot of excessive skin, had a tummy tuck, but still need some additional lypo... or "Contouring" One of these days we are going to have to get together and see each other. You can do it. I am trying to get to 125 myself, but I'd be happy with 130. I am up and down because of the steriods I have to take for my asthma and allergies.

    ReplyDelete

Yippee! I love it when you leave me comments. Thanks a bunch. :)