December 14, 2008

Garrett's First RCCC Performance

My two handsome boys
As I've mentioned before, Garrett auditioned for and was accepted to the Roanoke College Children's Choir last spring.  Their fall semester started in September.  Since that first gathering they have been practicing for the big Christmas concert.  That concert was today.  I could not have been more proud!
He looked so very handsome and did an outstanding job.  I honestly don't know how he learned those songs.  They sang one in French and one in Hebrew.  Amazing!
I'm one proud mom
Darrin's parents and brother came up to enjoy his singing as well, which thrilled Garrett of course.  He has three weeks off and then it's back to practice.  They now have to get ready for their spring concert.  They will also be competing in a choral festival in Williamsburg, VA in the spring.
A week ago they A, B and B+ choirs also toured three local schools to help spread the Christmas cheer.  I was fortunate enough to be a chaperon and was able to ride the bus with this great group of kids.  It was a whirlwind day but everyone really enjoyed their performances.
The school tour

No comments:

Post a Comment

Yippee! I love it when you leave me comments. Thanks a bunch. :)