August 2, 2005

It's just too quiet!!!


Just a few short days ago, in the chaos of daily life, I started thinking. "What I wouldn't give for a little peace and quiet." The boys are always having friends over and it seems as though I never have one moment of peace. Well, my wish came true and now I'm not liking it so much.

They both went to WV Sunday with their grandparents. When they first told me of their plans I thought, GREAT! Darrin and I will a mini-vacation this week before our real vacation next week. How nice it's going to be to have total peace in our house for a change. And, as an added bonus, the house will actually stay clean for a week. Yee-ha!

Well, as soon as they left Sunday I piled up in our bed and took a nice, long, much needed nap. (Darrin works on Sundays) I had the place all to myself. No responsibilities and, better yet, no noise. I loved every single minute of my 2 1/2 hour nap I must admit. It was amazing to find the house still in the exact same shape I left it in when I awoke too.

But, by about 9:00pm that evening I came to the realization that it was just too quiet. Plus, there was no cuddling on the couch before bedtime with the boys. There was no one to tuck in either. What had they done to me? They left me!

I guess the moral of this story is to be very careful what you wish for because you just might get it......and then realize it's not what you wanted at all. One thing is for sure though, next week when we do go on our family vacation to the beach, I'm going to relish every single second of it with my babies right beside me!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Yippee! I love it when you leave me comments. Thanks a bunch. :)