January 19, 2006

Randal McCloy updates...how to get them


It seems our local news has all but forgotten about Randal McCloy, the sole survivor of the Sago Mine disaster in West Virginia. I went on a search to find out the latest information about him on the internet. I was happy to find a blog about him and a page at WVU Hospital's site that supplies this. I wanted to share them in case you'd like to check his progress as well.

The blog also tells you how to contribute to the Randal McCloy, Jr. Fund as well as the Sago Mine Assistance Fund. You can send him an e-card that will be hand delivered to him at WVU Hospital. Or, if you prefer to send him an actual card, send it to this address:

Ruby Memorial Hospital

c/o Coal Miner Randy McCloy

101 Stadium Dr.

Morgantown, WV 26506

Having been born and raised in West Virginia this story has especially touched the hearts of me and my family. My father-in-law has just retired from 40+ years of working underground in various WV and PA coal mines. If you'd like to read more about the mining industry in WV here are a few links to help you do so:

No comments:

Post a Comment

Yippee! I love it when you leave me comments. Thanks a bunch. :)