January 8, 2006

Happy Birthday, Goober!

Goober's goodies

We celebrated Darrin's 36th birthday on January 2, 2006. His parents, my mom and stepdad were here to join in the fun. We treated him to supper at Red Lobster...always a favorite of mine. They have THE best shrimp scampi. Anyway, after we ate, we returned home for his favorite cake...red velvet...and presents (see above). By the way, for those of you who don't know, his nickname is "Goober" hence the license plate from the Goober's restaurant in Mt. Airy, N.C. The boys and I got him the John Deere shirt and cover for his tractor (in the black J.D. bag). His parents got him a circular saw...he's turning into Darrin "The Toolman" Taylor lately. His in-laws gave him the ever popular...money. He wasted no time spending it on a chainsaw the very next day. That was sort of a necessity to cut up the tree in our front yard that the ice stormed downed. All in all I think he had a great birthday and wasn't too terribly worried about being two years older than me (for 12 days anyway when my birthday rolls around).

No comments:

Post a Comment

Yippee! I love it when you leave me comments. Thanks a bunch. :)