July 25, 2006

Tater & his Gee

Speaking of Grandmothers, Payton "Tater" has a very special relationship with his "Gee". Gee is what my boys call my mom. When Garrett was a baby we tried to get him to say Grandma and it just came out as "Gee." That's what she's been called ever since. Payton is as close to Gee as Garrett is to Nana (Darrin's mom). They share a unique and special bond. I think it's strange how each boy is closer to different grandmothers. I don't know, maybe that's normal? I only had one set of grandparents growing up so I really don't know. Anyway, Payton will generally do anything or go any where if Gee is going to be involved. Although she spoils him a little more than I'd like...buying toys I'd never buy....Payton eats it up. And, of course, she caters to his every whim just like my grandmother did for me. I'm grateful that he has such a close bond with Gee. I only wish we lived closer and he could see her more often. He does the next best thing though...he calls her practically every day! He knows she's number 4 on our memory dial. I'll just be doing housework and hear him carrying on this long conversation and I automatically know who he's talking to. He's quite the chatter box anyway, but if he's talking to his Gee you can bet the phone will be tied up for at least half an hour....and he's only 5! He also calls her any time he sees Tom & Jerry on tv. (that's their favorite cartoon) Then, they'll watch it together over the phone. Are they nuts or what? You know, I guess it may be a good thing that Gee doesn't live in our town. If she did I'd never see Payton!

2 comments:

  1. That picture is so sweet, how he is looking at his Gee with such love.

    Jacob and his Gammy watch the Game show network together. He likes to call her during Family Feud and sometimes they will watch it together. He mostly just likes to say, On your marks, lets start, the family feud and hear her laugh.

    I love the grandma stories.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ahhh, such a cute picture! Gee.... that's a cute name too. My son calls my mom "MurMur." Not sure where that came from but we use it. :)

    ReplyDelete

Yippee! I love it when you leave me comments. Thanks a bunch. :)