September 18, 2008

Outrageous School Pictures


Each fall we always buy two sets of school pictures. One set of Payton and one of Garrett. We always get the the cheapest package that contains an 8x10. That usually comes with enough pictures for family and friends. Yesterday the boys brought home the school picture sheet with packages, prices, etc. I was shocked! The cheapest package that met the above criteria is $38! For that price I would get 1-8x10, 2-5x7, 4-3 1/2x5 and 8-wallets. What happened to $25-ish? No way am I buying two packages at that price. That's almost $80 just for school pictures.

So, what are we doing instead? They will have their pictures made so they will appear in the yearbook. I just won't purchase any of them. Then, we will take them to a local portrait studio and have pictures taken with a $9.99 coupon in hand. How much are you paying for school pictures? Doesn't $38 seem high to you or am I just becoming a cheapskate?

1 comment:

  1. this is why i take my own pictures its just nuts what they charge. ugh

    ReplyDelete

Yippee! I love it when you leave me comments. Thanks a bunch. :)